From SB-Components Wiki
Barcode Scanner Breakout
The DE2120 scanner module, buzzer, and micro-USB connector make up the Barcode, a sturdy and compact barcode scanner board. It can scan 20 distinct barcode symbologies in the 1D and 2D symbology segments, such as barcodes and QR codes. The Barcode Breakout's design allows users to easily explore all of the DE2120's features without having to deal with intricate wiring. A buzzer, a tactile switch, and status LED scanning to become easy with the right drive circuits.
- 1D/2D/QR Code/Data Matrix/MSI
- Onboard Micro-USB connector for USB HID Interface, Virtual COM Port, Support USB Barcode Information
- Transmission Read 20 Different Barcode Symbology
- UPC-A * GS1-128 * Matrix 2-of-5 * Datalogic 2-of-5 * UPC-E * Code 39 * Industrial 2-of-5 * 2D Symbologies * EAN-8 * Code 93 * Codabar * QR Code * EAN-13 * Code 11 * MSI * Data Matrix * Code 128 * Interleaved 2-of-5 * GS1 DataBar * PDF 417
- Operating Voltage - 3.3 V
- Symbology - 1D and 2D
- Compatibility - Raspberry Pi Pico
- The bar code can be set to USB virtual serial communication mode if the host application program gets data via serial connection. The necessary driver must be installed on the host before this function can be used.
- Plug barcode scanner breakout to a computer or laptop via a USB cable. Scan the USB-COM mode barcode, mention below (the module defaults to USB-Keyboard mode)
There are two types of communication protocols to choose from when using the USB interface. The default mode is USB-KBW, which simulates a USB keyboard for data transmission to the host. to enable this mode, you need to scan below barcode. using this mode if you open notepad,word amd cmd etc, scan barcode, barcode is display in these tools
The serial communication interface is a popular approach to connect barcode and host devices, and it can be used to connect host devices like PCs and POS systems. To ensure data transmission accuracy when using the barcode scanner's serial communication interface, the barcode scanner and the host device must be completely matched in the serial communication protocol's setup parameters.