From SB-Components Wiki
PiFinger, the first-ever Fingerprint HAT for Raspberry Pi Comprise of onboard Nuvoton MCU with an on-chip crypto-accelerator, Cortex-M23 TrustZone, and XOM facilities. A user can use the communication protocol to the PiFinger with commands over the UART protocol with the default Baud rate of 9600 bps or USB 2.0 full speed.
- Capacitive Contact Technology
- On Chip-Crypto Accelerator
- High-Speed UART Interface
- Register up to 24 Fingerprints
- Nuvoton MCU
- Cortex-M23 Trust zone
- Processor - Nuvoton MCU Cortex M23
- Communication - UART, USB 2.0 and GPIO
- Display - 0.91” OLED (SSD1306)
- Buzzer - Yes
- Default Baud Rate - 9600 bps
- Matching Mode - 1:1,1:N
|Fingerprint TX||GPIO15 (RXD)|
|Fingerprint RX||GPIO14 (TXD)|
|OLED SDA||GPIO2 (SDA)|
|OLED SCL||GPIO3 (SCL)|
- Raspberry Pi x 1
- Pi-Finger x 1
Enable I2C and Serial Interface
- Open a terminal and run the following commands to enable I2C：
Choose Interfacing Options -> I2C ->yes
- Again run below command to enable Serial
Choose Interfacing Options -> Serial -> No -> Yes
- You can also enable Serial and I2C using Graphical method, Open Menu by clicking on Raspberry Pi icon >> Preferences >> Raspberry Pi Configurations >> Interfaces , and select below option.
- Now reboot your pi by running the below command :
- Connect PiFinger on top of 40 pins stackable GPIO header of Raspberry Pi.
- Now Clone/Download PiFinger Repository by running below command or directly download from Github.
git clone https://github.com/sbcshop/PiFinger.git
- Open cloned/downloaded folder and choose your environment type (i.e: Raspberry Pi or Windows)
For Raspberry Pi
- Run PiFinger GUI by running the below command:
python3 PiFinger_GUI.py or using any python3 supported ide.
Select COM port and Baud Rate ( default is 9600) from the above GUI ("/dev/ttyS0" in case of default connection), and click on connect button to start communication with the fingerprint sensor.
- Run PiFinger GUI by running "PiFinger_GUI.py" file with any python3 supported ide.
- Select COM port and Baud Rate ( default is 9600) from above GUI ("COM7" (check comport from device manager) in case of default connection), and click on connect button to start communication with the fingerprint sensor.
- Compare Fingerprint - Option to Compare registered Fingerprint.
- Add Fingerprint - Add New Fingerprint, will assign an ID for each successful registration.
- Remove Fingerprint ( By ID) - Remove registered Fingerprint for a specific ID.
- Remove All Fingerprint (Registered) - Remove all saved fingerprints in a single click.