From SB-Components Wiki
PiCube is a 4x4x4 LED cube HAT for Raspberry Pi with 5V DC operating voltage. PiCube, a 64 monochromatic (Red, Blue, Green) LED device, is a fun way to learn programming. It is designed to perform incandescent operations with low energy consumptions, robust outlook, and easy installation that make people/kids/users learn the effects of LED lights with a different pattern of colours via the combination of software and hardware i.e. Raspberry Pi.
- Standard 40 Pins Raspberry Pi Header
- GPIO Based Communication
- 64 High Intensity Monochromatic LED
- Individual LED access
- Each Layer Access
- Operating Voltage - 5V
- Colors - Red/Green/Blue
- Communication - GPIO
- LED - 64
PinoutGPIO PIN Number
|40||Layer 1 (Top)|
|32||Layer 4 (Bottom)|
- Stack PiCube on Raspberry Pi 40 Pin GPIO header.
- Open Git Bash Terminal and clone/download the repository by typing the below command in the terminal:
git clone https://github.com/sbcshop/PiCube.git
- Your code will be downloaded to the '/home/pi' directory. Use the 'ls' command to check the list of directories and the 'cd' command to enter the directory.
- 'demo.py' is an example code for PiCube. Run test file and play with PiCube by running below python command.
It will run a different LED pattern on PiCube. You can also modify this code to put your own creativity.