From SB-Components Wiki
The PiRelay 8 is a relay expansion board that can control up to 8 appliances/devices with photo-coupling isolation with load up to 250V AC/7 A, 30V DC/10 A, and a trigger voltage of 3.3 V. It allows users to safely control high voltages or current devices. The PiRelay 8 has enough space for the 4.3" LCD to fit comfortably, allowing the user to operate the device with ease. One of the best features on the PiRelay 8 board is the 5V / 2A USB power port. The Raspberry Pi receives power directly from the PiRelay 8 board.
The PiRelay 8 channel has 8 high-quality relays that can withstand loads up to 250 VAC/7A and 30VDC/10A. We added a safety component called the Optocoupler EL357NC in the PiRelay 8 Channel that functions as a photo coupling isolator in the circuits to ensure safe communication.
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi 4, 3B+, 3, 2, Zero
- Relay Status indicators
- Control through Android App
- Comes with development resources, including examples in python
- Connectivity of the Relay with Raspberry Pi
- Connectivity using the stack method
- Relay pins - COM, NO (Normally Open), and NC (Normally Closed) are available for each Relay.
- Onboard power LED indicator
- Relay control pins selection jumper
- 5V / 2A USB Power Port
- Channel - 8 CH
- Operating Voltage - 5V
- Trigger voltage - 3.3V - 5V
- AC Control Voltage - 7A / 250V
- DC Control Voltage - 10A / 30V
- External power supply - USB / Terminal Block
- Dimensions - 267.77 mm - 72.01 mm
|Relay 1||37||GPIO 26|
|Relay 2||35||GPIO 19|
|Relay 3||33||GPIO 13|
|Relay 4||31||GPIO 6|
|Relay 5||29||GPIO 5|
|Relay 6||23||GPIO 11|
|Relay 7||21||GPIO 9|
|Relay 8||19||GPIO 10|
PiRelay 8 can be used with or without 4.3 inch HDMI LCD, Please follow the following methods for the installation of Pirelay 8.
- Stack Raspberry Pi on 40 Pin header of PiRelay 8 board as shown below.
- Now Power on PiRelay 8 board using USB or Terminal block with 5V/2A power supply, that also turns on the Raspberry Pi as well. Don't exceed the voltage level (i.e. 5V) on the black Terminal block.
- Make sure all 8 jumpers (by default comes with connected yellow jumpers) are connected.
- Open Terminal and clone/download the repository by typing below command in terminal:
git clone https://github.com/sbcshop/PiRelay-8.git
- Your code will be downloaded to the '/home/pi' directory. Use the 'ls' command to check the list of directories and the 'cd' command to enter the directory.
- 'test.py' is an example code for PiRelay-8. Run test file and play with PiRelay-8 by running below python command.
- To Run GUI of PiRelay 8, Run below command.
It will open a window with a black screen and with some buttons, you can use these buttons to control your relays.
GPIO 4 Relay Not working Fix
- Click on Start button >> Preferences >> Raspberry Pi Configuration, Then click on Interfaces Tab and make sure 1-Wire is disabled.
- Click on the OK button then reboot Raspberry pi.