From SB-Components Wiki
Pico 2G Expansion
Raspberry Pi Pico 2G Expansion is a QUAD-Band GSM/GPRS/GNSS Expansion designed dedicatedly for Raspberry Pi Pico with UART, USB 2.0 Interface, 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, Bluetooth 3.0 based on SIM868 module to perform easy and efficient communication. Pico 2G Expansion works on the embedded TCP/UDP Protocols with Multi-constellation GNSS receiver support.
Pico 2G Expansion also includes a 1.14-inch display with a resolution of 240 x 135 pixels, 65K RGB colors, and a sharp and vivid exhibiting effect, designed primarily for user engagement via SPI connection by incorporating a GPIO header. The 1.14-inch LCD includes the ST7789 Driver and SPI Interface, decreasing the amount of IO pins required.
- 1.14” LCD
- Low Power Consumption
- 850/900/1800/1900 MHz Frequency band
- Bluetooth 3.0
- LED Indicators
- Serial/USB/SIM868 Selection Jumpers
- Operating Voltage - 5V(via USB)
- Communication - UART/USB 2.0
- SIM Module - SIM868
- Compatibility - Raspberry Pi Pico
- Operating Temperature - -400 ~ 800 C
- Dimensions - 68 x 119.64 mm
|PICO 2G Board
|SIM868 Operation (Device Selection)
|Short P_TX - U_RX
|Short P_RX - U_TX
|Pico to USB Communication
|Short U_RX - S_RX
|Short U_TX - S_TX
|USB to SIM868 Communication
|Short P_TX - S_RX
|Short P_RX - S_TX
|SIM868 to Pico Communication
USB to SIM868 Communication
- Connect Selection jumpers for USB to SIM868 communication mode.
- Insert SIM card on SIM card slot, and connect GSM and GSM Antenna on antenna connector.
- Connect USB on the USB port of Pico 2G GSM board.
- Press and hold PWR_KEY to turn on the GSM module (SIM868) and release it once STATUS led turned on.
- Now open any Serial terminal app on (Windows or Linux), Set com port of Pico 2G expansion and baud rate to 9600.
- Now you can send AT commands from the terminal to control your SIM868 Module.
- Connect Pico on Pico 2G Expansion.
- Connect jumper in SIM868 to Pico Communication mode.
- Connect GSM and GPS antenna on Antenna connectors.
- Insert 2G enabled SIM card on sim card port.
- Download or clone the repository of Pico 2G expansion from the below link.
- Now open the below examples code as per their function to test the pico 2G Expansion in Thonny Ide.
- SIM868.py: This file contain the library of the module, you need to add this file to pico.
- pico_2g_exp.py: This is the main file that you need to run.
- Lcd1_14driver.py : This library is of lcd 1.14 inch
- To make a call, you need to uncomment this line Call = SIM868.call(Mobile_number,10) in pico_2g_exp.py file
- To make a message, you need to uncomment this line Message = SIM868.message(Mobile_number,Write_message) in pico_2g_exp.py file
- To turn on GPS, you need to uncomment this line Gps = SIM868.gps() in pico_2g_exp.py file
- To scan Bluetooth devices, you need to uncomment this line Bluetooth = SIM868.bluetooth() in pico_2g_exp.py file
You need to enter your mobile number in the code pico_2g_exp.py to make call and send the message
- Please follow the Resources to run 1.14' LCD