From SB-Components Wiki
USB Fingerprint board is a board comprise of an onboard Nuvoton MCU with an on-chip crypto-accelerator, Cortex-M23 TrustZone, and XOM facilities in a USB form-factor. A user can use the USB Fingerprint board with a PC or micro-controller with the Baud rate of 9600 bps or USB 2.0 full speed over the serial UART interface.
- USB / UART Interface
- Capacitive Contact Technology
- On Chip-Crypto Accelerator
- High-Speed UART Interface
- Register up to 24 Fingerprints
- Nuvoton MCU
- Cortex-M23 Trust zone
- High-performance fingerprint algorithm
- Register at most 24 fingerprints
- High comparison speed
- Matching mode 1:1; 1:N
- Sensor - Capacitive Chip Sensor
- Active sensing area - 8.8 x 8.8 mm
- Scanning speed - 25 Frame/ sec
- Image resolution - 508dpi
- Gray level - 8 bits/pixel, max 256 grayscales
- Image ratio to width - 1:1
- Operating Temperature - (20 ~ 60 ℃)
- Operating humidity - 0 ~ 90% Non-Condense
- Matching Mode - 1:1; 1:N
- Sensor Coating surface color - Black Matte
- Enable Serial Interface for Raspberry Pi (Not required in case of windows)
- Open a terminal and run the following commands to enable I2C and Serial：
- Choose Interfacing Options -> Serial->
Set "would you like a login shell to be accessible over serial?" --> No
Set "would you like the serial port hardware to be enabled?" --> Yes
- Install required dependency by running the below command
sudo apt-get install python3-pil python3-pil.imagetk
- Connect usb fingerprint on raspberry Pi usb port.
- Now open terminal and run the below command to download/ clone usb fingerprint repository
git clone https://github.com/sbcshop/USB-Fingerprint.git
(It will clone the repository inside home/pi location.)
- Enter downloaded repository location by typing below command.
- Now start the GUI of USB fingerprint by running the below command.
- Type COM port and Baud Rate as ( default is 9600) from above GUI ("/dev/ttyACM0" in case of default connection), and click on connect button to start communication with fingerprint sensor.
Note: In case of error while opening the COM port run the below command to check connected devices on USB port.(connect and remove to check it)
ls -l /dev/tty*
- Compare Fingerprint - Option to Compare registered Fingerprint.
- Add Fingerprint - Add New Fingerprint, will assign an ID for each successful registration.
- Remove Fingerprint ( By ID) - Remove registered Fingerprint for a specific ID.
- Remove All Fingerprint (Registered) - Remove all saved fingerprints in a single click.